It being the holiday season, most of you (just like me) would have been out and about looking for the ‘right’ outfit for your holidays or otherwise.
With an ‘Asian’ complexion, I am a little particular about the colors I wear. I prefer colors that accentuate my natural ‘tan’ such as white, coral, lavender (mauve as we all call it) and of course reds and pinks.
Red, the colour of love and passion is one of my favourites. A vibrant hue associated with Indian weddings, makes the Indian bride look both beautiful and attractive. It is one colour which can give you ‘the’ look that you desire- be it traditional, modern or sexy.
I think ‘Red’ or ‘Flame Red- Orange’, is an excellent colour choice especially for women like me who have a warm skin tone. It brightens it up and makes it glow. It’s an evergreen colour which looks amazing irrespective of weather, occasion and time of the day.
Red, is certainly ‘the’ colour, I would pick for evenings and night outs but I never thought of it as something I could carry during the day. Well, not until now!
- You don’t have to go ‘Full Red’ if you are new to it. Blend it in with other colours.
You can use versatile combinations such as Red and White, Red and Blue or Red and Black.
If you don’t want to get into it straightaway, start with small doses- a ‘Red clutch’, Red accessory or a Red/ Orange footwear.
‘Red’ is indeed ‘my new Black’ – it has the same magic, it flaunts what I like about my body and masks what I don’t.
Some of my ways of Wearing Red:
- Evening Look: All Red with minimal Accessories– Red Dress – Lace- A- Line Cutie (House of Fraser), Black Heels (Stelatoes, Delhi), Apple Watch, Earings (Unknown), Red Lipstick (L’Oreal Color Riche)
- The Go ‘Flame Red- Orange’ Daytime Holiday Look– Red Dress (Primark), Flat Sandals (Primark), Earings (Unknown, India), Brown Cubic Zirconia Choker Necklace (Dorothy Perkins), Red Lipstick (L’Oreal Color Riche)
- Team it with Blue– Red Wide Strap Cold Shoulder Blouse (Matalan), Brown Flat Sandals (Zara, Lisbon), Earings (Unknown), Blue Bracelet (Debenhams), Apple Watch
- In small Doses- For Effect– Flame Red/Orange Flat Sandals (Primark)
- The (Red) Indian Look– Flame Red Suit (Unknown, India- Mom’s Gift), Earings in Red and Gold (Unknown from Southall, London), Bangles multicolored (Unknown, India)
Red can be a difficult colour to pull off, but if combined well- it can be a great addition to your wardrobe.
With the warm temperatures setting to return to UK, ‘RED’ is surely the colour for me this summer, especially for my next holiday! What about you?